· For our healing and health of our bodies. The Holy Spirit within vitalizes our mortal bodies.
Romans 8:11 (NKJV)
But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
· The Holy Spirit will lead us to walk with Him such that the life we live does not bring shame (condemnation). Therefore we ought to walk by His leadership, not by the flesh
Romans 8:1 (NKJV)
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
· Children of God ought to abide by some roles – a life lived in the Word that leads to freedom.
Romans 8:4 (NKJV)
that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
· When you walk with the Holy Spirit, you enjoy peace
Romans 8:6 (NKJV)
For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
· We enjoy freedom as well.
2 Corinthians 3:17 (NKJV)
Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
Romans 8:14 (NKJV)
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
· The Holy Spirit helps us in our infirmity.
Romans 8:26-27 (NKJV)
Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
· The Holy Spirit is able to lead us and teach us from within.
· The Holy Spirit is able to comfort us from inside.
· The Holy Spirit helps us to live from one level of glory to another (2 Corinthians 3:18). Colossians 1:27 (NKJV)…Christ in you, the hope of glory.
· The Holy Spirit exposes the Word to us.